About the Book
AN INSIGHTFUL COMEDY . . . DECEPTIVELY FUN, PROFOUNDLY DEEP
TIME: Fifty years in the future. Religion has been banned.
LOCATION: Sisco Heights Mental Health Facility
- A seer who has delightful conversations with tattoos, electric shavers, and janitorial supplies
- A wannabe superhero, complete with shower cap, goggles, and bath towel cape
- A prophet who sees 20 seconds into the future
- A janitor who every night burns lists the patients have
written of their daily shortcomings
- An amnesiac who opens a fortune cookie and reads:
“You are my favorite child. God”
Careful to avoid state scrutiny, these quirky characters begin to explore the amazing possibilities if such a statement is true. The thinking soon infects other patients and the government must tighten its noose until it is met with some startling surprises.
A quick and fun read, this first installment of The Last Fool series will make you chuckle while pausing to think.